Morrinsville Intermediate School - Kia U Ki Te Pai - Whatever You Do, Let It Be Your Best

24 Elizabeth Avenue, Morrinsville    Phone: 07 889 6629    Email: office@mi.school.nz
04.09.20
COVID-19 Alert Level 2 remains in place:
As you may have heard, all areas will remain in their current Alert Level until 14th September. Unfortunately this means all Inter-Intermediate Sports have been cancelled for the rest of Term Three, this includes our WIMS week which was planned for next week.  In line with this, our school has also decided to cancel our participation in the Tough Guy/Gal Run.

Thank you for your understanding.

24.08.20
Kia ora koutou 

Following the announcement from the Prime Minister this afternoon we will remain at Alert Level 2 until further notice. Just a reminder that while everyone is on site at Alert Level 2, we must adhere to key health measures including:

- Good hand hygiene and cough and sneeze etiquette
- Students bringing their own water bottles
- Students checking in with their teacher on arrival, and sanitising their hands
- Students washing hands with soap for 20 sec. prior to eating, and after play
- Staying away if sick (please phone/email the office by 8.45 a.m. if your child is going to be absent)
- Keeping the appropriate physical distance from others i.e. 1m wherever practicable on our site, and 2m out in public
- Cleaning and disinfecting our high touch surfaces daily
- Displaying QR code posters at our entrances and encouraging all of our community to download the NZ COVID Tracer App and use it if they come onsite
- Keeping a visitor register for anyone who cannot use the app and for other visitors who come onsite for a period of time.

We believe that all these things will help to keep our community as safe as possible. Because of these measures, it is not a requirement that your child wears a face covering while at school. However, we will of course support them should they choose to do so.

We continue to be responsive to updates from the Prime Minister to ensure we are adhering to protocols. This has brought challenges including:
- planning for our Open Evening (for 2021 Y. 7s) - we have changed the date from 26th August to 2nd September and are in the process of amending the organisation of the evening to ensure we keep to the limit of 100. Once the details are finalised you will be informed and we thank you for your patience.
- sports - hosting events is tricky under Alert Level 2, with contact/tracing and mass gathering regulations. Again, we will keep you informed about any changes to our II Girls' Rugby tournament being hosted at Campbell Park on 9th September.

For those of you who might be finding things more difficult than usual, a reminder that there is a large range of support available. Please go to the covid19.govt.nz website for more information, or get in touch and we will help you to find the information and support you need.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.
Take care, and thank you for your ongoing support.

Ngā mihi
Jenny Clark
Principal

12.08.20
Alert Level Two 
The Government has advised there are four new Covid-19 cases in Auckland (unrelated to travel / isolation).   In response to that Auckland moved into Alert Level 3 from mid-day today until midnight Friday night. 
The rest of the country moves into Alert Level 2. 
For us at school that means we need to be vigilant with hygiene practices (washing hands thoroughly for 20 seconds with soap and water, sanitising hand on arrival to school, sneezing into elbows), keeping physical distance of 1 metre where possible (doesn’t apply to buses), cleaning high use surfaces regularly, visitors remaining off site unless absolutely necessary (report to office for contact tracing purposes if you are on site), students bringing water bottles. Please keep your child home if they are unwell. 
Please visit the Ministry of Health website for the latest updates. 
Once I receive further advice from the Ministry of Education I will on-communicate that to you. 
Stay safe everyone and please be vigilant with contact tracing and hygiene practices. 
Kind regards
Jenny Clark
Principal